ACTION REQUIRED: Important information for award recipients can be read here.
Virtual Reality Hardware for VR Education, Outreach, and Education Research
The UW Physics Education Research Group (PEG) seeks to acquire a virtual reality (VR) workstation and a class set (30) of Oculus Quest VR headsets to achieve the following goals:
1. Enable UW students and faculty working on VR development and research to perform user testing for their applications;
2. Make high-throughput VR activities by UW RSOs possible;
3. Open the field of VR physics education research to students working with PEG;
4. Provide UW instructors the opportunity to include VR experiences as part of their curriculum;
5. Launch a pilot program to bring VR into introductory physics laboratories beginning Summer 2019.
Through these objectives, this project will aid in maintaining UW's position on the forefront of innovation in the fields of VR and interactive education, opening the door for UW researchers at all levels to begin work in the field of VR education research from its outset.
Get in Touch
Learn about the Student Technology Fee and the proposal process by attending a Workshop led by our staff and receive 1:1 support with your proposal.